and needs to Ketchup!
(ah go ahead and groan!)
- She does laps with the walker . . . she is still dependent on the wheel chair, but since home care ended I have kept up with it almost every day.
- She starts at an out-patient therapy facility this Friday, where she will be able to work up to stairs.
- She sees the new Primary Physician Thursday.
- She's gone out to restaurants, shopping and had her hair done.
|we have appetite!|
- She wants to try normal seating around the house.
I have been busy too. Once I had things figured out and running smoothly, I needed SOMETHING to do.
I decided to "brick and block" Mom's front gardens, at least up to the temp. ramp. Of course this also required the ripping up of the black plastic edging, laying new weed block fabric, mulch and lava rock.
I will finish this when the ramp comes out.
2 funerals for young people . . .
|Honest, this is not the lounge at the funeral home . . . it is the Mc D's across the parking lot. Gee, wonder who owns/manages this franchise location. (at least they had the exact same decorator!)|
Two things Brother and I have discussed.
- I am probably here for the duration.
- Let's just go ahead and put a ramp in the garage. We will most likely have the temp. out before the snow flies, but there is the future, and NOW is the time to do it.
I'm thinking of maybe advancing my education once I get her back on her feet. Most likely work on converting my Education degree to nursing.
It would be nice to go back Home to MY job with something more to offer them. They have been so supportive . . . besides it would keep up my CEUs, make my Mom happy, and keep me busy and not insane.
I would have considered going back to the agency just to do a few nights with my young man, but alas, he had to move on this week . . . and is playing hockey in heaven. I'm going to miss that boy.