bennington, vt.

Friday, April 15, 2011

into the fire

My Brother,
actually it started back when 
he was dating
my beloved Sister-in-law),
has a problem with FIRE.

His first parsonage, on an early Sunday morning . . .

(super heated walls from an over-worked furnace
during one of the coldest Michigan winters on record),

a great smoking pit in the ground

(saved all 7 cats though . . . hooray),

and the reading for the day was:

The pivots on the thresholds shook at the voices of those who called, and the house filled with smoke. Isaiah 6:4 etc.
He, of course, being a good leader, 
offered sensory input . . .
with the smell of smoke and singed hair.

His next burnt offering was his car,
(spontaneous combustion),
on the Schuylkill,
on the way to a synod conference . . .
backed up traffic for miles . . .
many people were late for that conference.

And since then,
many personal computers
in his household,
have self immolated.

As he and his wife were bemoaning
the latest computer suicide,
I pointed out his long history with
fire . . .
He quipped:
At least I'm getting cheaper.
 No comment.

No comments: