bennington, vt.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

shrink any further


I've been trying to get Mom back to a healthy weight.

Her appetite is back, but there seems to be that old Dieter Mentality still lurking.

Back to her old self, she found an outfit she liked in one of the dozens of catalogs that come every week.  She insisted on ordering her old size.  I questioned this and suggested at least one size smaller.
"but I've ALWAYS been this size!"
The beautiful pair of charcoal gray slacks came . . . and she realized if she doesn't wear a (tight) belt, they will be around her ankles.

so

Last night with her football game, she requested a big bag of popcorn, (unusual and I did not need to feed half the bag to the birds), then she did not complain when I brought the nightly root beer float, and this morning was the first time she did not try to give me half her cinnamon roll.

Contact,
we have 
finally 
made 
Contact!

2 comments:

Judy said...

This is such good news!

Not Important said...

Sounds like you're on the right track!