bennington, vt.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

thick and fast

It's 51 degrees out, (really), the snow remains, but for now, the ice on the road is gone . . . that means . . .
I GET TO RIDE MY BIKE!
I have missed the wind in my hair, the sun on my face, the feelings of speed & freedom,
and . . . I just plain miss the exercise.

Rusty, slogging through the weeds and too much junk in the trunk

I only went for a mile, since my knee still does not quite wish me well.
It's been three months since I clattered down that hole, but I'm pretty sure I knocked the knee cap a bit askew.  (Since my knee caps were congenitally a touch to the sides then the norm, I suppose tendons are learning to stretch to where they should have been all along.) 

Hopefully, I might get another chance today, and then maybe tomorrow, if it holds off on the rain.  (February 18th, and it's suppose to reach the 50s again!)

THIS is how I want to feel!
SPRING IS COMING!

No comments: