bennington, vt.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

show you the way

One year
In a few days, it will be the anniversary of the events that caused me to be here. 
My Father's fall and my Mother's stroke.
what road to take?
There were choices . . .
and this is the road I chose to take.
No one would have judged me badly if I had made another choice.
Steep, curving, and full of pot holes
I do not regret my decision
I knew it would be frustrating, lonely, and financially stressful.  I am not a martyr or a masochist . . . I am a healer, a nurse . . . and as my older Brother told me, "you are the heart of this family."
The times called for a decision
And so it was made, most did not like it, but all understood it.

joys
It hasn't been easy, in fact it is often very difficult. 
Sometimes I feel as though I am not a member of the family. . . instead a servant or household slave, but these are fleeting occasions.

I ride my bike, (Michigan does have nice level roads), I am expanding my job experience, I'm getting to know my Mom as a friend, and I am spending quality time with family I only saw, maybe, once a year before.

Life is about the choices we make,
whatever the reason.

No comments: